The “Dipartimento di scienze economico-sociali e matematico-statistiche” of the University of Torino, the “Centro di ricerche sulla cooperazione e il nonprofit” of the Catholic University of Milano, and Assifero – the Association of Italian grant-making foundations invite scholars to submit research proposals in the field of philanthropic foundations. The awards aim to encourage and support specific research activity in the domain. Four proposals will be selected and awarded each a €3,000 grant.
The 2017 awards are meant to support either theoretical or empirical research work aimed at analyzing the role of foundations in:
- fighting poverty and its roots;
- increasing human capital and enhancing the quality of school systems;
- stimulating effective innovations in the field of social services;
- achieving the Sustainable Development Goals at local, national or global level;
- assessing the impact of their interventions.